PBs twisty take on the top five headlines of the day.
1. Retail inflation for February down at 5.18%, from 5.69% in Jan
The good part about this news is that it will not be greatly felt by the common man, but, it may prompt RBI to go in for rate cuts.
2. Vijay Mallyaa ‘Congress’ baby; UPA forced bank to give him loans: BJP
The blame game continues, along with which one question remains unanswered, Wasn’t he a BJP MP in Rajya Sabha? Even if the UPA forced banks to give him loans, the authorities in charge now, could have stopped him from leaving the country?
3. Afridi served legal notice over ‘love for India’ statement
An expression of emotion should not be considered as hurting the national sentiments, especially if India is one of the rare countries where the Pakistani teams is cheered on. Our neighbor should realize that this love is also for the Muslims in our country who are able to freely support them.
4. Parliament passes Bureau of Indian Standards Act
The bill seeks to establish the Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS) as a national body and empowers the Centre to authorise any other agency having necessary accreditation for the purpose of conformity assessment against Indian standards.
5. Mamata Banerjee dares opposition parties to fight TMC politically
Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Monday accused them of resorting to a “smear campaign” and said they would get a “big zero” in the coming Assembly election.