- A very bitter battle on the anvil. Congress and BJP taking potshots at each other.
- Yeddyurappa and Siddaramaiah continuously quarrelling on twitter. Runs the risk of key issues being ignored.
Congress backing separate religion demand of Lingayats
- BJP is trying to consolidate Hindu votes and ensuring Congress AHINDA plan fails.
- Siddaramaiah is countering this move by backing a demand by a section of community to accord separate religion status to Lingayats.
Hindutava versus the Kannada pride
- BJP’s plans to polarise the Hindu vote by playing the Hindutava card is being countered by Siddaramaiah by playing the Kannada pride card.
- He has raised issues like separate flag for state, reviving and preserving the language, Hindi signboards and the Mahadayi water sharing issue to ignite the Kannada sentiment.
- This is very similar to the Gujarati Asmita card played by the BJP in Gujarat.
Gujarat versus Karnataka model
- Siddaramaiah is aggressively positioning the achievements of his government. Charts, messages showing how Karnataka has performed better than Gujarat are being widely circulated on social media.
- This way the Chief Minister is not shying away from directly taking on the BJP’s best governance model.
Mission vs Commission Government
- Modi has accused the Congress of spreading “lies and repeated lies”.
- He accused Siddaramaiah is running a 10% commission government.
- Urged people to vote for a ‘mission’ government.